Monday, December 17, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas



We spent much of this week getting ready for Christmas. We picked out our tree...well, two actually! The girl wrecked the first one when she was trimming the bottom for us! Noah did a great job helping me decorate. I had to do a few minor revisions once he went to bed so all the ornaments were not on the bottom of our tree! :)
On Friday I went to Noah's class to do a Christmas craft with them. We painted little wooden ornaments. It was a blast! Once little boy looked like the Incredible Hulk by the time we finished - he painted both arms green! It's a good thing it's washable paint!
Saturday night was my annual area Christmas party. It was at our house this year. It was lots of fun. Everyone brought appetizers and desserts to share. They were super yummy! We played a couple of Scene It games - the Movies edition and 80's music. Mike and I, of course, were on the same team. We are WAY too competitive to be on opposing sides - it always ends in an argument! A few of the players were at a distinct disadvantage during the 80's game having been born in 1988!! It was so funny to see some of those old videos! Man, the 80's were so UGLY!
I was able to do a little shopping on Sunday, but still have plenty to do! This is the last year I don't go shopping on Black Friday! I am so behind!!We continue the Christmas prep tonight when Noah & I will be making sugar cookies! It should be fun! Stay tuned for the pictures.....

No comments: