Sunday, November 25, 2007

Let the Holiday Season Begin!



The Holiday season is officially upon us! Kicked off by hosting my first ever Thanksgiving dinner! I must say, I was quite nervous about cooking my first turkey, but it turned out great! It was much easier than I anticipated - but the prepping was was more gross than I could have ever imagined! YUCK! The bird turned out great though. I cooked a 22 lb turkey and Mike & I didn't even get any leftovers!! I guess that's a sign that people enjoyed it! Next up - Christmas dinner!

Noah had his stitches removed on Friday. They have been replaced with steri-strips. He ended up with a little bit of a bruise, but it never really turned into the shiner I thought it would. My mom's quick action with the cold compress must have done the trick!

I actually skipped Black Friday morning shopping this year! I think Mike was the most shocked! I am mostly buying toys this year, and there was NO WAY I was venturing into the toy department with those shoppers! Those women are mean! My mom and I did a little shopping that afternoon and it was much more relaxed!

I started my Christmas cards on Saturday. My BFF, Susan, and her daughter, Kathyn, joined my mom and I for some card making fun. I was so excited that I actually got to make some this year! Last year when I had people over I spent the whole time running back and forth to my craft room getting them stuff.

No comments: