Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Did Not Beat Pete...




But I had a great time anyway! My BFF Susan, her daughter Kathyn, Noah and I all participated in the 1st annual Beat Pete 5k for student scholarship fun run. We finished in 52 minutes - shattering our anticipated completion time of 60 minutes!! We thought it was pretty good provided I was pushing 40 lbs of Noah in the stroller and Susan was dealing with a 13 year-old who cannot walk a straight line! I was a little chilly, but a beautiful walk. Noah loved crossing the bridges and thought we were crossing several different rivers!

There were over 750 participants and Susan was ecstatic that we were not last!! Over 300 people beat Pete and he donated $2000 to the general student scholarship fund! I am looking forward to next year. I have already told Susan to start preparing for the Race for the Cure and the Women's Fitness Celebration. (We will be walking both of those as well!) Hopefully, this will kick start my metabolism again and I can lose the rest of this baby weight!

No comments: